Valentine’s Day Treats for School Parties!
Coming up with new ideas for class party snacks is tough! As parents, we all want to bring in something fun and creative, but sometimes the trickiest treats are too much work or aren’t enjoyed by the kids.
Another challenge that parents might face is a school district enforcing the policy that “sugar” cannot be the first ingredient in a class room snack! So, with all of this in mind, here are some suggestions that might put you at the head of the class!
Pink Heart Shaped Bagels
My local bagel shop makes these every February! Make sure that you pre-order these special bagels and request that they are pre-cut. Serve with butter and cream cheese.
Don’t overlook this old favorite! You can make the traditional version or sugar free and if time is short, purchase Jello that is prepackaged in snack sized containers. Whipped cream optional!
Heart Shaped Cupcakes
I saw this clever idea in an issue of Family Fun magazine. Line your regular cupcake pans with baking papers, fill half way with batter and then (here’s the tricky part!) insert a 1/2” ball of aluminum foil between the liner and the side of the pan. While the cupcakes are baking, the foil ball will push the side of the cupcake into a heart shape! You can also try this trick with muffin batter for a healthier snack.
Pick up some cute (Amazon, Cupcake Wrappers, on sale 12 for $20.48)
Vintage Inspired Valentine Picks from Cupcake Swirl for the perfect finishing touch! (Cupcake Swirl, Vintage Picks, on sale for $10.00)
With a cookie cutter or kitchen scissors, you can turn many fun foods into Valentine hearts! Consider brownies, rice krispie treats, pizza, sugar cookies, sandwiches, and more! To make the cute Valentines on a Stick, see Pillsbury.com.
I hope that these ideas give you a quick and easy solution to the class room snack dilemma! If you’ve come up with a great idea for a Valentine’s Day treat for school, I’d love to hear!
For more seasonal fun, sign up for our weekly newsletter and follow us on Facebook and Twitter!
You may also enjoy:
- Busy Bee’s Guide to a Fabulous Valentine’s Day
- Valentine’s Day Gifts for Every Sweetheart
- The Best of Valentine’s Day Flower Arrangements
- The Sweetest Valentine’s Day Gifts
- Clever Valentine’s Gifts for Kids
- Valentines Day Tips and Ideas
- Valentine’s Day Treats for School Parties
- Treat Your Kids to the Sweetest Valentine’s Day Party
- Host a Valentine’s Day Coffee
- Have Fun With A High School Musical Valentine’s Day Party
- Cute and Easy Valentine’s Craft for Kids
- Valentine’s Day Cocktail Party Plan
- Fun Birthday Treats for School