Coffee and Conversation! Host a Valentine’s Day Coffee!
February is the perfect time to entertain – the holidays are over and most people are looking for something fun to brighten the winter days! And Valentine’s Day is the perfect occasion to do just that! One of my favorite ways to celebrate is to host a Valentine’s Day coffee for my girlfriends! A coffee is a simple, casual way to get a lot of friends together, and a “conversation heart” theme will make your event easy and fun!
Valentine’s Coffee Invitations
Here’s a sample invitation you can print on a plain card:
Please Join Me For
Coffee and Conversation
Thursday, February 14th
9:30 to 11:30 a.m.
22 Ridge Road
Please Reply: 856-9345
I picked up small boxes of candy conversation hearts and packaged an invitation and a box of candy in cellophane bags, trimmed with pretty pink ribbon! (Amazon, Conversation Hearts Valentine’s Day Boxes)
Valentine’s Coffee Menu
- bagels and croissants, served with butter, cream cheese and jam
- fresh fruit (see Easy Strawberry Appetizer)
- coffee cake or something else sweet
- Make Ahead Cinnamon Toast Casserole (see Baked French Toast)
- orange juice (maybe even a little bit of champagne for Mimosas!)
- coffee and tea, served with cream, sugar, artificial sweeteners and lemon wedges
Valentine’s Coffee Decorations
- Carry out your conversation heart theme by filling glass urns of different sizes with more candy hearts and inserting pink or white taper candles!
- Use a pink or white tablecloth, sprinkled with more candy hearts!
- Helium filled conversation heart balloons are also a fun touch and might be helpful on your mailbox! (From Oriental Trading, Pearlized Heart Balloons, $3.49/dozen)
Valentine’s Coffee Favors
For a thematic favor, purchase small, plastic conversation heart boxes or ceramic conversation heart boxes and fill the boxes with candy. (Sweethearts Candies, 36 boxes for $27.99)
Dishtowels from Kohl’s also make an adorable and useful party favor idea. (Kohl’s, Cupcake Dish Towel, on sale for $3.60)
Give this Valentine’s Day coffee party plan a try this February and treat your friends to a memorable morning of friendship and conversation! Happy Heart’s Day!
P.S. Another nice touch is to hire a babysitter to watch any small children tagging along with their moms! Set them up in your play room or basement with some snacks and DVD’s and the mothers will love the time off!
* It’s serendipity when the products we love are from the sponsors we love
You may also enjoy:
- Host a Fabulous Valentine’s Day Cocktail Party
- Celebrate the Oscars
- Perfect Party Quantities
- Final Party Checklist