Tip of the Week: All about Apéritifs!
Aperitifs refer to the type of light cocktail served before dinner to stimulate the appetite and enhance the meal – and are chic once again! Dating back to the mid-1800s, these cocktails are now fabulously retro and completely simple to mix up by adding soda water and a lemon twist to basic bar staples.
Here are a few suggestions for stocking an aperitif bar at home:
- Lillet – a French wine fortified with citrus liquors
- Martini Bianco – an Italian vermouth
- Campari – a bitter alcohol infused with herbs and fruit
- Dubonnet – also a French infused wine with a sweet flavor
- Punt e Mes – a dark, Italian vermouth with a slight tone of chocolate