Tip of the Week – Set Up a Children’s Buffet at Your Next Family Gathering!
Last weekend, my family hosted a big party for my father – adults and kids included! And one of the smarter things that I did when setting up for the celebration was to designate one table that was just for the kids!
- Hot Dog Roller – An old-fashioned hot dog roller with hot dogs!
- Hot Dog Rolls – A basket of hot dog rolls
- Condiment Tray – BBQ condiment and tray set
- Movie Theatre Candy Boxes – Another basket filled with movie theatre candy boxes picked up from the Dollar Store
- Drinks – A bucket cooler with small water bottles and juice boxes on ice
- Paper Goods – Paper plates and plastic utensils (so that the kids didn’t use the adult’s china and flatware!)
- Snacks – Small plastic bowls filled with gold fish and pretzels
- Activities – Lastly, a larger basket stocked with sidewalk chalk, coloring books & crayons, bubbles and other fun toys that were also from the Dollar Store
The children’s buffet was a terrific addition to the party and allowed the kids to help themselves to dinner and snacks, as well as to find toys for playtime! This is definitely an idea that I will repeat at future gatherings!
You may also enjoy:
- Gourmet Hot Dog Toppings
- Classy Condiments to Enhance Your Next Cookout
- New Outdoor Entertaining Essentials
- Fourth of July Patriotic Party Panache
- Cocktails on the Patio