My husband and I had the rare pleasure of hosting an actual dinner party this fall – candles and linens on the table, eight around the table – you can see the picture! My menu, with a seasonal flair, worked perfectly and I thought worth sharing!
- Hot Vidalia Onion Dip
- Cheeses and a Pate from Trader Joe’s
- Frisee and Apple Salad with Dried Cherries and Walnuts from Bon Appétit, pictured at top. (I made the dressing and toasted the walnuts earlier in the day and mixed the components just before serving)
- Herbed Potato Gratin with Roasted Garlic and Manchego from Food and Wine (This dish was made the day before and brought to room temperature and then baked just before dinner)
- Black Forest Brussels Sprouts from Rachael Ray
- Roast Pork with Apples and Onions (For eight servings, I increased this recipe by half again.)
- Pumpkin Spice Cake: I used my three-dimensional pumpkin cake mold and baked a spice cake from a mix, joining the top and bottom with store bought cream cheese icing. (Great Pumpkin Pan, $30.80)