Although it’s too soon to actually start cooking that special meal, I love ideas that will give me a head start on the big dinner – and while I’ve detailed a few of those suggestions in a Thanksgiving Countdown Planner, here are a few more very easy things that you can do to get ahead:
Get Practical Now
- Self clean your oven.
- Stock up on disposable plastic containers, saran wrap, tin foil and food storage bags for easy clean up.
- Clean out your refrigerator, getting rid of everything you can! Think – old condiments, salad dressings, and such. Make as much room as possible for your Thanksgiving meal.
- Are you tired of gathering chairs from around the house? Call now to rent chairs – they’ll all match on turkey day and be gone with the leftovers!
- Trying a new recipe? Practice now!
- Shop for non-perishables – it will make the final shopping trip much easier!
And Again, a Day or Two Ahead
- Clear your countertops of all unnecessary appliances and decorations.
- Write out and post a copy of your entire menu in the kitchen (listing even the little things like butter!)
- Use post-its to label a dish, bowl or platter for every dish to be served.
Here’s to a stress free and delicious Thanksgiving Dinner!
You may also enjoy:
- Thanksgiving Fun for Kids
- Thanksgiving Count Down
- Thanksgiving Turducken
- Thanksgiving Cocktail Party
- Thanksgiving Faux Wishbones
- Decorating Your Thanksgiving Table