Memorable Graduation Gifts
It seems to me that the most important events in life can be the toughest when it comesto choosing a gift! You want the gift to be special, memorable and perhaps lasting – and this is a challenging combination! Here are my best thoughts for graduation gifts for young adults.
For Boys – A College Logo Tie
Vineyard Vines is one of my favorite clothing lines, with fun, preppy designs for men and women. Recently, this company expanded its offerings to include college logo ties! With the graduate’s future alma mater in mind, visit(approximately 75 schools are available, about $59)
For Girls – Engraved Sterling Silver Jewelry from Girly Twirly Gifts
The first place that I would go for this particular gift is Girly Twirly Gifts! The site is overflowing with colorful, distinctive gifts and I love everything being sold! But for your special grad, take a look at Girly Twirly’s engraved sterling silver jewelry category.
- Hand Stamped Graduation Necklace – one stand out is the fun Hand Stamped Graduation Necklace just waiting to be personalized! This beautiful handcrafted necklace can be further personalized with a dangle gemstone or birthstone! ($55, additional $10 for a stone)
- Monogrammed Silver Rings – monogrammed silver rings in circle, square or oval shapes are also modern twists on a traditional favorite! ($35) Fun monogramming styles also add to the uniqueness of the engravable pieces!
- Custom Cut Sterling or Gold Monogram Necklace – This fabulous hand cut classic monogram necklace comes in your choice of sterling silver or 14kt gold fill! ($130)
For Boys or Girls – A Personalized Wrap Towel from Preppy Parade
For high school graduates headed off to college and dorm life, a terry wrap towel is a terrific gift! While this is a really practical gift, you can also make it personal by choosing a wrap towel with some pizzazz from Preppy Parade.
- Wrap Towels for Boys – the wrap towels for men are available in white or navy. A monogram or the Greek letters of his fraternity can be added! Many styles and thread colors are offered. ($32)
- Wrap Towels for Girls – several shower towel styles are sold for women. In a plush “minky” fabric, you can choose from chocolate with pink floral ribbon trim, or aqua or lime, both with hot pink polkadot trim. There’s a preppy hot pink terry velour towel and lastly, a white towel trimmed with your choice of grosgrain ribbon. All can be personalized as you wish! But for my favorite, take a look at the monogramming style entitled “Big Dots!” ($40)
Two classic gifts came to mind immediately for this occasion!
These beautiful hardwood chairs, laser engraved with the school seal, are a timeless memento of four successful years! Many college websites sell these chairs, but another source is the Standard Chair Company. Prices for these chairs can vary a bit. For instance, Princeton University Book Store prices these chairs at $425 and College Chair offers the University of Ohio chair for $325, basing its prices upon the complexity of the seal.
College Mirrors are a wonderful keepsake that will always be enjoyed! (Mine own is hanging in my foyer today!) The mirrors are rectangular, beautifully framed in gold with a pen and ink drawing of a notable school building gracing the top. Three sizes are available at Eglomise Designs (pictured at top of page). The largest features a colored landmark view of the school ($215), the medium sized version has black and white artwork ($135) and the last, is smaller again with colored artwork ($60).
Clear Glass Desk Accessories
Extremely attractive for a man or woman, Organize.com offers clear glass desk accessories that are both sophisticated and handsome! Available accessories include: a desk blotter, pencil cup, letter tray, envelope sorter and business card holder with prices ranging from $13.99 to $44.99.
Milestones like these really do call for special gifts! But depending upon your relationship to the feted one, my suggestions may be too expensive or perhaps not extravagant enough! My thought in the first instance is to combine resources with friends or family members to make the more significant present a reasonable option! As for my relatively inexpensive gift suggestions, it might be nice to attach a smaller present to a monetary gift!
In any event, it’s wonderful to have special times to celebrate, and I hope that these ideas will make your graduating gift giving even more enjoyable!.