Host an Almost Sleepover Party for a Girl’s 10th Birthday!
Ten years old is a funny age for girls. They are past the princess stage, but still not quite teenagers! One fun idea for a 10 year old girl’s birthday celebration is to have an almost sleepover party!
Almost Sleepover Party Plan
This party idea is a dream come true for me, since I am NOT a fan of sleepover parties! Here’s a general timeframe for the party:
- Dress in PJs – Invite the guests to come to the party in their PJs around dinner time. Plan for the party to last 3 to 4 hours based on your own personal preference! Most likely you will want to end the party by 10 p.m.
- Dinner and Activities – Serve dinner and birthday cake, then have some fun activities like decorate plain white pillow cases with fabric markers, make dream bugs (see below), have a teenage helper polish the girls’ fingernails and toenails, play musical sleeping bags or mad libs.
- More Activities – If there’s time, let the girls play games like Apples to Apples, Magic 8 Ball, 20 Questions, Dance, Dance, Revolution, Mall Madness, Go Shop, Dream Star, Cadoo or other Cranium games. If you’re interested in one or more of these games, consider giving them to your daughter as a birthday present or suggesting them to other parents inquiring about your daughter’s birthday wishes.
- Back Up Fun – Just to be safe, have a movie or two on hand for back-up.
- Serve Breakfast – As the party is coming to an end, set out breakfast! Serve orange juice, mini bagels and creamcheese, mini boxes of cereal and mini donuts. Also offer these items to parents as they come to pick up their daughters.
- DIY – Send your invitation rolled up in a “sleeping bag,” a piece of colorful patterned fleece rolled and tied with a coordinating ribbon. Simply print or write your invitation on a piece of colored paper. Cut it out with shaped scissors and glue it to a rectangular piece of fleece. Roll and tie!
- Chicken Fingers – Chicken fingers with a tater tot bar. Serve sauces on the side like spaghetti sauce, cheddar cheese sauce, ketchup and mustard.
- Pasta – Ziti casserole (my kids’ favorite recipe!), caesar salad, and garlic bread.
- Pizza – Pizza (Another fun party theme – A Pizza Themed Party!)
Fun Snack Ideas
- Popcorn – See Create a Fabulous Popcorn Bar
- Candy – Candy like Twizzlers or M & Ms
- Pizza Cookie – Bake sugar cookie dough on a pizza pan. Then slice into wedges and decorate with icing and candies. (See Pillsbury’s Pizza Cookie recipe)
- Try making Family Fun’s adorable sleepover cake (pictured at top of page) or have your bakery do it for you!
Party Favors Ideas
- Slippers – Fuzzy slippers. Try discount stores like Target or Kohls or Amazon* for the Fuzzy Pink Polka Dot Slippers
- Electronic Toothbrushes – Colorful or battery operated toothbrushes.
- PJs – Nightshirts or flannel PJ bottoms. Stores like Old Navy have a great assortment of PJ bottoms at great prices!
- Cut Out Cookies – Sugar cookies cut out in the shape of the letter “Z.” Wrap 5 or 6 z’ssss in a cellophane bag and tie closed with a colorful ribbon.
Dream Bugs Craft
- Cover an empty match box with colored paper, stickers, and glitter glue.
- Glue a rectangular piece of felt cut to size into the bottom of the match box.
- Glue tiny googly eyes onto flattened, decorative glass marbles. (These are available at craft stores. They’re the kind of marbles that you would put into a glass vase to hold flowers.)
- Let dry and put the snug bugs to bed in their boxes.
Have fun and sweet dreams!
Do you have an idea for a 10 year old girl’s birthday party? I’d love to know!
Busy Bee Lifestyle is an affiliate of Amazon.
You may also enjoy:
- How to Make a Cookie Pizza
- Fabulous Beach Party Plan
- School Birthday Treats
- Party Games for Kids
- Children’s Birthday Party Menus
- The Perfect Birthday Party Planning Guide
- Terrific Birthday Gifts for Kids of All Ages
- Plan a Disney “Enchanted” Birthday Party!
- Adorable Little Girl’s Chef Party
- Host An Adorable Cupcake Themed Birthday Party!
- The Icing on the Cake – Cupcake Birthday Party Theme, Part II!