The Icing on the Cake … Fabulous Items for an Over the Top Cupcake Party
If you enjoyed the article, “Host a Cupcake Themed Birthday Party,” get ready for sugar overload! There were so many delicious products in the cupcake world, that a second article was “baking” before I finished the first! Here you’ll find some party essentials that were either a bit more unusual or a bit more of a splurge!
Select a Show Stopping Invitation!
For some exceptional options, head to Finestationery:
- Die Cut Cupcake – this sweet die cut cupcake is perfect for a little girl. (Fine Stationery, Pink Cupcake Invitation)
- Bright and Polka Dotted – featuring a chocolate cupcake with vanilla frosting and colorful birthday candles, this invitation is a bit more unisex and a bit more modern! (Finestationery, Bright and Polkadot Cupcake Invitation)
Add a special and unique touch to your party table with a delightful floral arrangement from 1800Flowers – and of course, it’s a cupcake, complete with a candle and celebration flag! (1800Flowers, Cupcake in Bloom, $24.95)
Skip the Paper Plates
If you choose one of these options, you can feel good about being “green” and have fun serving ware to use again and again!
- Cupcake Plates from Rosanna – this set of four dessert plates, with four different designs, is apropos for this celebration! (Rosanna, Set of 4 Dessert Plates, $50) If you’d like, the pink pedestal cake stand and individual cupcake stands are pretty fabulous too!
- Sweet Soiree from Grasslands Road – this coordinating set of entertaining essentials includes cupcake shaped dessert plates, a cake pedestal, a two-tiered pedestal and a divided serving dish! Every piece is fabulously detailed! (Amazon– Grasslands Road, 2 Tiered Pedestal Cake Stand, $57.90)
- Birthday Express – this online retailer offers dessert sized plates and a tray crafted from plastic melamine! No worries about breakage with this cute choice! (Birthday Express*, Cupcake Tray and Plates, $12.99)
Skip the Paper Tablecloth
- Consider purchasing this sweet tablecloth that is oh-so-happy for your happy day! Of course, cupcakes and polka dots feature predominantly! (Amazon, Happy Birthday Tablecloth, $29.99)
Dress the Guest of Honor
Don’t forget to plan an outfit that’s as sweet as the party theme for the birthday girl! For a variety of adorable birthday and cake themed dresses, tops and more, head to Beautiful Outfits for the Birthday Girl!
“Must Have” Decadent Desserts
Raise the bar on your cupcake dessert bar with one or more of the following:
- Specialty Cupcake Box – Have the guests decorate two cupcakes – one for dessert and one to take home as a party favor! Send the extra cupcake home in style in a specialty box which measures 4″x 4″x 4″ with a glassine window and holder in the bottom! (Cupcake Swirl, Specialty Cupcake Box, 12 for $15.95)
- Paper Flag Pennants – Add a fabulous paper flag pennant reading “Celebrate,” “A Birthday Wish,” “Hooray” and more or adorable, retro inspired birthday picks! (Cupcake Swirl, Paper Flag Cupcake Pennants, 24 for $1.99, Retro Cupcake Toppers, 12 for $12)
- Cup -a – Cake Containers – These bright and colorful plastic containers designed especially for cupcakes, will send treats home safely and can be used again and again! (Cupacake.com, Cup-a-cake Container, 4 for $9.99)
Here are some ideas that are a bit more unusual and vary in price to accommodate any number of guests!
- Create Your Own Book – the Yum Yum Bakery provides the materials for kids to create their own cupcake themed book! Very unique! (hellohanna, Yum Yum Bakery, $10.95)
- Cupcake Ear Buds (Modcloth, Sweet Sound Earbuds, $14.99)
- The Fizzy Baker Bath Cupcake (Amazon*, Fizzy Baker Birthday Bath Cupcake, $9.99)
- Cupcake Erasers (PaperSource*, Cupcake Erasers, $3.95)
- Cupcake Manicure Set (PaperSource*, Cupcake Manicure Set, $8.95)
- Cupcake Memo Notes (PaperSource*, Cupcake Memo Notes, $4.95)
Whatever you choose as a party favor, consider wrapping the favors in colorful, lunch style paper bags in a palate of pastel or primary colors. (See Oriental Trading’s Pastel Treat Bags, Bright Color Bags) Fold the top closed and seal with a personalized sticker, thanking your guests for coming to the party.
Some Cute Sticker Suggestions
- A round sticker with a blue background and pink scalloped trim! (Fine Stationery, Ellie Mim’s Cupcake Sticker, 24 for $30)
- A lime green square with a chocolate cupcake! (Fine Stationery, Boatman Geller Cupcake Sticker, 24 for $30)
- A round sticker with polka dotted border thanks guests for coming to the party and coordinates with a great line of paper goods! (Birthday in a Box, Cupake Stickers, Paper Goods – Party Kit for 8, $21, sticker pictured)
Another attractive idea for sealing favor bags, is to fold the top over, punch two holes and close with the perfect cupcake ribbon! (Amazon, Grosgrain Ribbon Cupcakes, 10 yards for $7.20)
Wrap it Up with Thank You Notes!
For a special touch to conclude your cupcake party, send a perfectly themed thank you note!
For Younger Birthday Girls – a personalized, “fill in the blank,” lined note card, with an adorable cupcake detail will have her thanking her guests in style! (The Queen Bee Paper Company, Cupcake Thank You Notes, 12 for $14.50, pictured right)
For All Other Birthday Girls – a yummy pink card, with dark brown trim features a sweet sprinkled cupcake and a space for personalization. Matching address labels and gift tags are also available! (Tiny Prints, Cupcake Notes, 10 for $24.90)
You may also enjoy: