Apples! A Perfect Fall Party Inspiration!
While there are plenty of pumpkins around at this time of year, it’s the cute red and green apples that take center stage at this kid friendly celebration! For more highlights, take a look at Busy Bee’s segment on The 10 Show!
Apple Party Invitations
Die Cut Apple Invitation
- From Itty Bitty Company Inc., an adorable caramel apple invitation that features a die cut apple, wooden stick and cellophane bag. You can purchase this invitation on-line at The Paper Clique, 10 for $22.00, or see itty Bitty Company Inc. for store locations and additional on-line resources.
- I used a small, plain brown bag, red cardstock insert and an apple shaped hole punch to make this easy and thematic invite! (apple shaped paper punch is available at Martha Stewart)
Apple Party Decorations
This is a party that can be kept very simple.
- A runner cut from burlap and decorated with red and green apple prints and a bushel of apples is just enough! For the apple prints, simply slice an apple in half, dip in red or green acrylic paint and stamp directly onto the burlap runner.
- If you are outdoors, tie small apples onto strings and use these as tablecloth weights!
- Gather mason jars to corral napkins and silverware that can then serve as drinking glasses!
- For an added touch, this adorable apple doll is available at Magic Cabin, Apple Fairy, $39.98
- A race to eat donuts hung from strings
- Bobbing for Apples – you can do this the traditional way or using a fun, toy filled version from Oriental Trading, Bobbing for Apples, $5.99 per dozen apples!
Cute Apple Themed Craft Kits
- Yarn Apples Craft Kit, from Oriental Trading, $4.99 for 6 yarn apples.
- Apple Pie Lacing Craft Kit , from Oriental Trading, $7.99 for 12 pies.
Apple Party Menu
Of course, it’s all apples!
- The basic apple food groups: pie, cider and donuts!
- Set up a caramel apple topping bar with sprinkles, mini-chocolate chips, chopped nuts and other favorites. (You can buy caramel apple sticks and a variety of toppings at Daffy Apple.)
- Get baking with these clever apple themed offerings:
Apple Themed Party Favors
Two easy ideas include mini apple pies, individually boxed with a fork and napkin or just a delicious cookie! (Thanks to Les Petits Presents for packaging inspiration!)
- Bakers Twine – It’s not that easy to find the pretty red and white bakers twine I used to wrap the miniature pies! I got mine from The Paper Princess, Red and White Baker’s Twine , $7.50 for 60 ft.